In 1954 Fiat was the first automotive house in Europe to introduce one car set in action from gas turbine. The plan demanded along period of planning, the studies began in 1948 and ended with the test "on road" the 14 open them of 1954 on the track of the Ingot. The unit engine was formed from a compressor to two stages, turbine to two stages, turbine engine to one stage and relative reducing group for the transmission to the wheels. The declared power was 300 cv to 22.000 turns to the minute and the estimated maximum speed was approximately 250 km/h. The propeller enclosed, was completely removable.
The Fiat Turbina is found today in the Automobile Museum of Turin.