This new sports coupe, was presented to "Salone Internazionale dell'Automobile di Torino" (International car big showroom of Turin) in 1968, but its manufacturer Ilario Bandini with his irony, given the small size its berlinetta and little sympathy for the suffixes "-one" (big), renamed the sports coupé 1000 with the nickname "Saloncino" (little sitting room)
The birth of Saloncino plays an important role in the production of Bandini as well as being the first car in the field of sports coupe has, under a particular body and original, a new front suspension and a chassis only similar to 1000/66 .
The Saloncino is also the car that is tested the first prototype engine carburettors vertical and Bandini 1300 cm³. In eighties reported the name of italn builder in northern Europe before to be the first Bandini collected in Japan.
The frame, designed and built by Ilario Bandini, although it is based on the recent progenitrice 1000/66, is realized with a new structure of frame tubes in which the engine takes increasingly function. Included in the subsequent s.p. 1000/72 .
The front suspension presents a classic triangle below and a new trapeze above.
- Structure and material: frame of elliptical section tubes, special steel aeronautics derivation; patent No. 499843
- Front: Independent, a triangle and trapeze overlapped with shock hydraulic telescopic tilted and springs cylindrical helical coaxial; bar Account
- Rear: independent, arms swinging and triangles lower shock hydraulic telescopic inclined agents on portamozzi and springs cylindrical helical coaxial, camber caster and convergence adjustable bar Account
- Braking system:
- Service: hydraulic disc front and rear Amadori
- Steering: rack and pinion
- Guide: left
- Wheels: Light Amadori and Campagnolo
- Tank: 55 Litres
- Transmission: differential and return rear Colotti
The Engine Bandini DOHC 1000
The power exchange differential is the same that equips 1000/66 .
- Positioning: longitudinal rear, 4-cylinder in-line
- Materials and specifics: a mixed distribution: chain gears, on casters double camshaft head alloy aluminium, 8 valves, chamber burst hemisphere, monoblock and base to five media bench unique alloy custed, sump in Light, reeds of cylinders in ironcasted
- Bore: 68 mm
- Stroke: 68 mm
- Displacement: 987 cm ³
- Compression ratio: 9,5:1
- Power: 2 Weber carburetors double body 38DCO3
- Power: 105 CV @ 8500 rpm
- Lubricate: Carter with wet gear pump and filter external
- Cooling: forced liquid with centrifugal pump-driven belt and pulley, 2 aluminum coolers at the rear
- Gearbox and clutch: 5 speed + Rg clutch single dry disc
- Ignition and electrical equipment: coil and distributor switch on the head, battery 12 V and generator
The body sports coupe, produced by Bandini completely in alloy, closely follows that of the boat allegedly, 1966 of which is the version berlinetta. It noted, however, some variations and adaptations along with new elements and unpublished. The front is very similar to the boat reference, but to make the organic roof and windshield, bonnet is more inclined and acquires a convexity she shares with the rest of coverage. Consequently, the doors have a greater height, but remains unchanged their shape, as the rear bonnet, which maintains the air side but not higher. The upper part of the rear bonnet is entirely dominated by a long and convex back window that leaves nice view of the engine and mechanics. It forgiveness instead tilted the slits near the rear wheels basically unchanged while the tail is already positively influenced by the presence of transparencies intended to kidnap the eyes of fans.
The livery original black and silver was replaced at the end of seventies with the current red race.
|Bandini Saloncino Video|
|Bandini Saloncino Video 2|
|Barchette: "La prima" 1100/46 | 1100 sport | 1100 Siluro (Torpedo) | Bandini-Maserati 1500 | 750 sport Siluro (Torpedo) | 750 sport internazionale "saponetta"
Formula: Formula 3 | Formula junior