Bandini 1000 P
This new type of car, marks a radical change in the philosophy of approach to the competition of Bandini racing cars. If the tasks: speed, lightness and road holding remains unchanged, different is the way in which they are pursued.
The weight always enemy of speed and ally of Bandini, was upset in its distribution, moving to the rear for the first time, the entire engine-exchange-differential. This turning point underlying the definition of a draft vehicle, is opposed by the competitiveness of "Saponetta" 1000 cc. Particularly in races uphill, this is the first real opponent and touchstone for the 1000 motor rear, with which it shares the engine Bandini 1000 cm³, which in 1962, already reaches the 98 CV @ 8500 rpm.
The debut of the first prototype motor back in fact, dates back to 1959 to the circuit with engine Cesenatico 850 cm³ engine displacement (the first to use exclusively mergers Bandini) and the following year with the new engine 1000 cm³.
With the 1000 P an important novelty but also the return to the final four-wheel independent. The geometry of the rear suspension, tested on a copy of Formula Junior , is totally different than the first Bandini 1946 , And will be used for the types thereafter.
The chassis, designed and built by Ilario Bandini, uses the same type of material types earlier but the design allows you to reach the incredible weight of only 16 kg.
- Structure and material: frame of elliptical section tubes, special steel aeronautics derivation; patent No. 499843
- Front: Independent, triangles overlapping with shock hydraulic telescopic tilted and springs cylindrical helical coaxial; bar Account
- Rear: independent, arms swinging and lower triangles on which the act shock hydraulic telescopic tilted and springs cylindrical helical coaxial, camber caster and Toe adjustable bar Account
- Braking system:
- Service: hydraulics, drum front and rear disc request Amadori
- Steering: worm
- Guide: left
- Wheels: ray Borrani 15 "
- Tyres: 4.25x15 / 5.20x12 "
- Tank: 45 Litres
- Transmission: differential and change to rear overthrown
- Weight bare chassis: 16 kg
- Weight total: 380 kg dry
Engine Bandini DOHC 1000
- Positioning: longitudinal rear, 4-cylinder in-line
- Materials and specifics: a mixed distribution: chain gears, double camshaft head alloy, 8 valves, chamber burst hemisphere, block to five media bench unique fusion of aluminium, sump in aluminium, reeds of cylinders in ironcasted chrome and detachable
- Bore: 68 mm
- Stroke: 68 mm
- Displacement: 987 cm ³
- Compression ratio: 9,5:1
- Power: 2 Weber carburetors double body 38DCO3
- Power: 98 CV @ 8500 rpm
- Lubricate: Carter with wet gear pump and filter external cooler
- Cooling: forced liquid with centrifugal pump-driven belt and pulley, aluminum cooler on the front
- Gearbox and clutch: 4 speed transmission (the second third and fourth synchronized) + RG clutch single dry disc
- Ignition and electrical equipment: coil and distributor switch on the head, battery 12 V and generator
The body aluminium two-seater (boat) are built in Forlì by Bandini. Compared with Saponetta which is the root note stylistic common, 1000P lines has more tense and aggressive front end with a very low profile and an almost free variations in height. The headlights arrears, the air-intake and squared prominent, give the impression of being faced with a car that will not wait more than give demonstration of their capabilities. The bonnet rear hull partly also the wheels, is equipped with large grids side as the fin rounded behind the driver. Folding forward, allows easy access to the engine compartment. The introduction of roll-bar will force a reversal of opening towards and this is also amended the design of bonnet. Disappears grids side and the upper fin and open two air-intakes on the area of advanced rear wheel, more height compared to centreplane. Even the front undergoes a harmonization with the rear, now, more roundnessy. Is reduced lengthwise (so more at the bottom) and enlarged the size of lights, so I have a air-intake less square in shape. The slides covering the headlights are part of continuus lines of wheel and the overall appearance is more sweet.
|Barchette: "La prima" 1100/46 | 1100 sport | 1100 Siluro (Torpedo) | Bandini-Maserati 1500 | 750 sport Siluro (Torpedo) | 750 sport internazionale "saponetta"
Formula: Formula 3 | Formula junior