Over the fifties trade agreements (not exclusive) between Ilario Bandini and the Italian-American Tony Pompeo, provided for the export of cars with no propeller to be installed in a second time in United States. More and more cars were exported as the sport torpedo which were installed engines Siata, Offenhauser, Saab, MG and [[Alfa Romeo] ] But in this type of car have some relief created ad hoc. In particular this car, which results from the registers Bandini, have been exported on February 15 1954, was designed and built in 1952 to house the engine Maserati A6 1500 cm ³ engine capacity and run in the category FM League SCCA (Sports Car Club of America). The chronicles record of its use by the American pilots Bernhard Vihl, George Parrington and David Michaels also races validity World as the disputed Sebring 16 in March 1955.
The chassis, built at Bandini cars, use design, structure and type of material that had ensured in the sporttorpedoexcellent results in terms of lightness, road holding and speed.
- Braking system:
- Service: hydraulics, drum front and rear
- Steering: a worm wheel and twisted
- Guide: left
- Wheels: ray Borrani
- Tank: 50 Litres
- Transmission: transmission shaft with joints cardanici, differential central and rear semiassi isometrici
- Weight overall version: n.d.
The engine Maserati A6
- Positioning: forward longitudinal, 6-cylinder in-line
- Materials and particularity: base and cup and tested alloy, single camshaft camshaft, 12-valve V-71.5 ° head
- Bore: 66 mm
- Stroke: 72.5 mm
- Displacement unit: 248.03 cm ³
- Displacement total: 1488.2 cm ³
- Power: 3 Weber carburetors double body
- Compression ratio: 7,8:1
- Power: 75 CV @ 4700 rpm
- Lubricate: Forced
- Cooling: forced cooler
- Gearbox and clutch: 4 speed + RG, single dry disc
- Ignition and electrical equipment: coil and distributor switch on base, battery 12 V and generator
The body, made entirely of aluminum from the bodyshop Motto Committee on the same Ilario Bandini, is the type boat two-seater sports and reveals a clear and eloquent its historic place in evolution style of bodywork Bandini. The dimensions and guidelines, generous and sinuous, very closeto First Bandini of 1946 ; as the air-intake higher and windshield recall those of 1100 sports , but the front grid for vertical and horizontal elements, although it is larger, has a shape that binds inextricably to torpedosports. The front side plates and the tail, however, free of material roundness, shall transpire ideas that will find practical application five years later with the Saponetta . Del whole new level and remain the only special forms to the air placed behind the front wheels and in front of the rear for the subtraction of heat, respectively, from the engine compartment and the brake drums.
1953 Bandini Maserati Mille Miglia Source
|Barchette: "La prima" 1100/46 | 1100 sport | 1100 Siluro (Torpedo) | Bandini-Maserati 1500 | 750 sport Siluro (Torpedo) | 750 sport internazionale "saponetta"
Formula: Formula 3 | Formula junior