Alfa Romeo 24hp
The ALFA 24 HP is the first car built from the house, produced from 1910 to 1920.
The project of "24 HP" was commissioned to Joseph Merosi by Chairman of the Italian Society Cars Darracq "Ugo Stella, in an attempt to raise the fortunes of the company.
Towards the end of 1909, when the design was complete, Alexandre Darracq decided to sell the factory to a group of financiers, intending to enter the car market, which continued in the development of program models, the company founded ALFA, Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili.
The "24 HP" engine, equipped with an engine monobloc quadricilindrico generally 4,082 cc, with camshaft in the bottom and return to 4 pistons, which delivers the power of 42 hp, transmitting to the rear wheels through a PTO shaft.
The cars "24 HP" to be entrusted body of confidence for the desired development, as was customary at the time, particularly appreciated by customers for advanced technology, for structural strength and, even more, for the remarkable power allowed to reach 100 km / h: an amazing speed for the period.
This power was further increased to 45 HP for "24 HP Series C" from 1912 and "24 HP Series D 1913, and went up to 49 HP for the" 20/30 HP series "of 1914 which represents the latest evolution model.
The cars (about 200) were in the bodywork productions "Race" two places, "Limousine" to seven seats and for the most part, as "Torpedo", also used funds allocated for the army which were first used in war World.
After the war, during which he was suspended the production of cars to implement the military, "24 HP" was built as a specimen in 1920, to be permanently replaced by model 20-30 HP. "
|Alfa Romeo Automobiles S.p.A., a subsidiary of the Fiat S.p.A. since 1986, car timeline, 1910-1949||Next ->|
|4-cyl.||12 HP / 15 HP / 24 HP / 15-20 HP / 20-30 HP||20/30 HP||RM|
|6-cyl.||G1 / G2||RL|
|6-cyl.||6C - 1500 / 1750 / 1900 / 2300 / 2500|
|8-cyl.||8C - 2300 / 2600 / 2900|
|GP||P1 / P2||Tipo A||Tipo B (P3)||Tipo C (8C-35)||Tipo 308||158 / 159 Alfetta|