Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Vespa 400 was a tiny passenger car with a 349 cc engine built in both 2 and 4-seater versions.
- Rear engine, rear wheel drive.
- Two cylinder, two stroke, air cooled. Bore, stroke: 63 mm x 63 mm (392 cc).
- Compression ratio
- 6.4 to 1.
- Four wheel independent. Four double acting hydraulic shock absorbers with coil springs.
- 3 speed, with 2nd, 3rd and reverse synchromesh. 4 speed available in non-U.S. markets.
- Body Dimensions
- Width: 50 inches (1.27 m). Length: 112.5 inches (2.86 m). Height: 49.2 inches (1.25 m). Weight: under 850 lb (385 kg).
- Track, front and rear
- 43.3 inches (1.10 m). Wheelbase: 66.75 inches (1.70 m).
- With only 18 hp (13 kW), top speed is 50 to 55 mph (80 to 90 km/h), depending on road grade, wind conditions, etc. Achieving top speed takes a leisurely 25 seconds.